I have a friend that has twins that turned 2 last week. She posted on her blog the day before their birthday and in the post she said that it was the last day her twins would be 1 year olds. This really hit me like a ton of bricks for some reason and has stuck with me everyday this week.
Today is the last day my babies will be 1 year olds....the last day.
Part of me is so happy that they are thriving, growing big and strong, learning, laughing, and becoming real characters in this world. Another part of me is so very sad that they are not tiny babies anymore and never will be again....ever. Its so true when people tell you to cherish your children at every age and every stage...good or bad...because before you know it they will be grown. I've spent the last two years saying, "I wish they were older so they could do this...." or "I wish they were older so we could go here...." Now that this time is over I regret it because I kept forgetting that I'd never have each of those days to live again. I should have been living in them not looking fast forward. The last two years have been the hardest and happiest of my life.....the longest and at the same time the fastest.....the most stressed, disheveled, and confused....but above all, the most fulfilling experience that I could have ever hoped for. I love my boys and I'm so very proud of the people they are becoming. Tomorrow they will be 2 year olds and will start living the third year of their lives.
Look out world because ready or not, here come Zack and Jake!!

7 comments:
Grammy's Ready!!
*smiles*
Oh that brought tears to my eyes. How true. It is so sad how fast the time goes by. How lucky we are to be home with them right now to cherish this time.
What a great post and what great pictures!!!! They look so happy!
You are right, its hard when you are in the moment and you wish they could do all these things, yet here we are at 2 yrs old and its hard to even remember those first few months and what it was like. I get sad too, but rejoice in the fact that they are so healthy and doing well!
Very nice post. You have many more fun stuff to look forward with in the months and years ahead. Hold onto the memories in your heart.
Oh no! You're making me cry. What a sweet post. I feel the same way every time my girls get a MONTH older. I can't imagine how I'll feel when they turn two!
That is such a sweet post Jenny. You said it perfectly! I just can't believe that tomorrow they will be too. It makes me sad and happy all at once. I love these two pictures, they capture their personalities so great!
OK, so apparantly I have insomnia to begin with, and ur blog was going to be my last stop for the night... but now that i'm a sobbing mess...!!! What a beautiful post Jenny.
I saw a video today by Trace Adkins ur post reminded me of. You may not like country but it's such a sweet message http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9XfJxMY8A
Post a Comment