Monday, November 19, 2007

Socks!

Christmas is coming! I can't wait! It will be the boy's first Christmas and they will just have turned 11 months when it arrives. Last year I spent the 23rd, 24th, and 25th of December in the hospital due to a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis or Blood Clot) in my leg. I went to sleep on Christmas Eve....alone...and woke up Christmas morning.... alone. Hopefully it is the saddest Christmas memory that I will ever have....but this year is going to be GREAT! YIPPEE! I can't wait to put up my Disney Tree and can't wait to see the boys reaction to it!! *GRIN*
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
My Mom is a super crafty person. She loves to quilt and bead and she makes beautifully fantastic things. Years and years ago she made Christmas Stockings for our immediate family. Mine had little Snowmen on it....so cute! Now that the boys are here I asked her to make them socks and also make a sock for Brian. She added my name to mine for a little update and stuck with the Snowman theme inspired by my sock to create socks for my guys. Check them out!






The Snowmen on Zack and Jake's socks are machine embroidery which she did with her super cool machine. The pictures don't do the socks justice because you can't see all the little details, but I think she did a FANTASTIC job and will be so proud to display my socks at Christmas for years and years to come.

Thanks Mom! I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Daughter...you are tooooo kind! A labor of love...that's all they were...and you're most welcome!

Uberly Ewe said...

hey...i want stockings mom!!!!

Need Christmas or Birthday Gift Ideas??