Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Good Grief.....

Sibling Rivalry has been poking it's head around the corner for months, but it jumped out and surprised the begeezus out of me yesterday!

Zack has always been vocal (AKA: passionate) about the grief that he is dealing with at any given moment in time, but yesterday...for the first time...he let Jake have it! BLAM-O!

I was picking the boys up at daycare and they were both climbing all over their daycare lady (Nita) when I got there. They both started to squawk when I came in....I guess that's, "MOMMY, MOMMY, PICK ME UP FIRST MOMMY!!!" in baby talk. I got down on my knees and gave both of them a hug. Just then, Zack let out a fierce yell and bonked Jake right on the head with his baby fist! Jake looked a bit surprised but then proceeded to BITE me on the hand HARD while I was telling Zack not to hit his brother! OUCH!!! It was chaos! I got them home, out of their car seats, and into their playpen so I could get their snack ready. I turned my back on them for a second and suddenly I hear all this screeching. I look back and Zack has Jake in a head-lock, holding onto both ears, and trying to BITE THE TOP OF JAKE'S HEAD! OH MY GOSH!!! I ran over and separated them and Jake started to cry. I don't think he knew what hit him because he's been so used to taking advantage of Zack for the past 6+ months. Jake has always been stronger than Zack and ALWAYS steals Zack's toys right out of his hands. I think Zack finally had enough and let Jake know he wasn't going to take it any more.

So I have hitting and biting to deal with now...

Brian and I are in for it for sure....and they're not quite 11 months old yet!! Does anyone have the number for Super Nanny?

1 comment:

Peggy said...

LOL!!!! I know its probably not funny, but this post made me laugh. Just picturing it!
So sorry BBFF!

Need Christmas or Birthday Gift Ideas??