Sunday, November 23, 2008

Snaggle Tooth!

Zack is getting an extra tooth! EEEKK!!! See!?!
Right next to his top front one!

Brian noticed it poking through today so I snapped a picture while he was laughing. We've both noticed that his second tooth was twisted and further away from the front one than on the other side, but we just thought it was crooked. Now it looks like we'll be calling the dentist tomorrow for advise. Ugh...I hope he doesn't have to have it removed because we no longer have dental insurance after I quit my job to stay home with the boys....and of course I don't want him to have to have surgery. :( I hope it's fine and will just fall out when the other baby ones do in a few years. UGH....poor Zack. :(

8 comments:

The Hayes Family said...

Wow! That is strange. I hope the dentist just says it will fall out on it's own. Poor little snaggle tooth baby!

Jill said...

Libby and Drew's mom, Katie, had to take Libby to have an extra tooth pulled. I guess it happens sometimes.
I would bring that picture to the dentist in case they can't see his mouth real good.

Jennifer said...

Wow, poor little guy! As if all the teeth they have to have isn't enough, he has to cut an extra one!
Good luck! I hope he doesn't need surgery!

Anonymous said...

Noah had an extra tooth. The dentist said that it wasn't terribly unusual and would most likely fall out when the others did. It didn't ever fall out so the dentist pulled it eventually. It wasn't a very big deal to Noah. Just a little pain but not much.

Uberly Ewe said...

wow...that is amazing! Let us know what the dentist says.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Jill's right-- Libby has one, too. The dentist wanted to remove it, but an oral surgeon and my dad (another oral surgeon) looked at the xray and said it was not impacting any of the other ones around it so there was no need to do anything-- it would fall out with the rest of her baby teeth. I notice it, but no one else really does. But hopefully it will be nothing!! It's called a "supernumerary tooth", so google it for more info. It's actually not that uncommon.

Joanna said...

Oh wow, so this means you had to go through "extra" teething! Poor guy! I hope it just falls out with the other teeth and you guys can avoid surgery. Sounds like that just might be the case.

Need Christmas or Birthday Gift Ideas??