Sunday, August 24, 2008

Did You Take Out The Deviled Eggs Or What?

Let me preface this post by saying two things......
1.) I married it....
2.) I made 24 deviled egg halves for a BBQ we went to yesterday....and came home with said deviled eggs because the hostess also made a batch.
Any who.....
The boys each had 2 deviled egg halves with dinner last night and I cut each half into 4 chunks. Jake swallowed his chunks WHOLE. I mean, who needs to chew with the 4 first year molars they have painfully earned?? Not Jake I guess.
Brian and I each had a few eggs but needless to say we were still left with close to a million.
So today is Sunday....I tried chopping some of the deviled eggs up and making egg salad sandwiches for the boys for lunch but they were not having it so down the disposal they went.....no more eggs.
Fast forward to approximately 6:30 pm.....Dinner is over, Brian is sitting on the couch and Zack is playing on the floor in front of him.
Brian: "Did you take out the deviled eggs or what?" (Sorry Ladies, he's taken)
Jenny: "Huh? No....they're all gone."
Brian: "It smells like deviled eggs."
Jenny: "Well, could one of your spawn be a stink butt??"
Brian lifts Zack and sniffs his butt....and yes, Zack is a stink butt....and I got to change him.
Alllll mine! Sweet!!
But the best part of the revolting job was he (Zack, not Brian) said "Ice cream" for the first time! More like, "IIII Ceeeeaaammm" but still. Not sure where that came from....other than the Baskin-Robbins Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Shake I had at the mall today.....but maybe if I give him Ice cream for lunch tomorrow he wont be such a stink butt after dinner.
I'm on it!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ewwww! Stink butt from deviled eggs has to be bad! I can't even stand the smell of deviled eggs pre-consumption (which is why I've never eaten a hard boiled egg - I'm quite picky). Lets see, bad smelling stink-butt foods for toddlers: Broccoli, hard boiled eggs, . . . thats all I've got right now.
I had to laugh at "sorry ladies he's taken" and "your spawn". lol

Peggy said...

Yuck stink butt!!
I just LOVE hard boiled eggs! LOVE THEM! It was sad to read that you had all of those tasty treats and threw them away:(

Need Christmas or Birthday Gift Ideas??