Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Shoes!

The boys wear a size 6 now!
We went to find shoes at the outlet mall last weekend and had a hard time! Baby shoe shopping is no bed of roses! The boys have wide feet and high arches thanks to both Mommy and Daddy so finding shoes was rough. No luck at Vans, Converse, Strideright, Carter's, or Keds. We found a pair at Nike but they really were not wide enough. We finally found some Nike's that worked at Factory Brand Shoes Outlet store and were able to get Jake a wide pair since his feet are a touch wider than Zacks. They are really easy on and off, don't pinch or leave red marks on their feet, and you can feel their toes when you pinch the tip so I know their toes are not crammed in there. Some of the other baby shoes we tried on you could not feel their toes because the shoe was so stiff and we had to cram and cram their poor little feet in. These are great and the boys don't seem to mind wearing them at all. When I take them out of the drawer they both say, "SHOES!!" :)




6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree! Shoe shopping is so hard with wide feet!! I am surprised you didn't have luck at Stride Rite, thats where all the boys shoes have come from (despite my attempted protest that I wouldn't spend that much money on their shoes!) but Ethan has to wear an EXTRA WIDE and they are the only place I have found that!!!! I like the Nike though!!!

Joanna said...

Cute shoes! You can't go wrong with Nikes. I hate those hard shoes, the ones where you can barely pinch to feel the toes because it's so hard. I think they have to be uncomfortable. We are still in our sandals here and have the opposite problem with Kat, her feet are so skiny it's hard to find well-fitted shoes. Now I feel like shopping for their tennis shoes :).

Uberly Ewe said...

These are very cute shoes. Glad that the boys like them. I am surprised about not finding ones at Stride Rite too. That is where I got Bug's summer shoes. He has wide feet too.

Kristen said...

Those are rockin' shoes!! Wow, I don't spend nearly as much effort in shoe shopping. I guess it's different with two boys. Heck my boy isn't yet full steam ahead walking anyway so shoes aren't even necessary for him and Summer, well we just buy sandals and such so those are pretty easy. Man I want to go buy them some sneakers now those are so cool looking!!

Peggy said...

Cool shoes! We desperately need to go shoe shopping. Brandon hates shoes - but it may be because all of his are stiff like you described - and we have to cram his feet in which is no fun to him!

Jill said...

Those are cute shoes. :) We are thinking of giving Pediped a try. Nicholas has average feet and Celia has narrow small feet.

Need Christmas or Birthday Gift Ideas??